Chopped oilseed rape straw
Highest moisture absorption of all litter materials
Chopped oilseed rape straw is a pure, natural product. The straw is grown by environmentally friendly methods and is pesticide-free. The straw is first chopped and then dust is removed by an intensive cleaning process, making it the ideal solution for horses with respiratory conditions. Oilseed rape straw has the highest absorption capacity of all litter materials, due to the soft felt-like lining of its stems. It also binds ammonia. This means that wet patches and odours are slower to develop. The convenient bale size makes it less labour-intensive. Systematic removal of droppings and topping up of the straw make it very economical to use.
An important factor is that the horses will not eat the straw if properly fed and cared for. Chopped oilseed rape straw composts very quickly (in around eight weeks), producing a high-quality fertiliser which is ideal for horticultural or arable use.
Significantly lower rates of hoof problems have been observed in horses bedded on chopped oilseed rape straw. Besides being convenient to use, it can greatly benefit the well-being of both horse and rider, especially if the horse suffers from respiratory and/or hoof problems.
Directions for use:
- Shake out four bales of chopped oilseed rape straw per stall
- Top up with half a bale around every three days as needed
- For optimum comfort, remove droppings daily and scatter fresh straw over wet patches
- Muck the stall out completely after two to three months
- Highest moisture absorption rate of all litter materials
- Prevents hoof problems
- Composts in around eight weeks
- Oilseed rape straw makes an excellent fertiliser
- Packaged in easy-to-handle 20 kg bales
- VAT 6 %