Ground oilseed rape straw
An ideal bedding material for dairy cows
What sets our ground oilseed rape straw apart is the fineness of the grinding process. The straw is so finely ground that it contains hardly any sharp bits or prickles. This results in a very soft and extremely absorbent product, making it ideal for use in dairy farming.
Tests at the Waiboerhoeve trial farm in Lelystad have shown that oilseed rape straw has the highest moisture-absorbing capacity of all known litter types.
Rapid breakdown and nitrogen-binding capacity in the dung, together with ease of spreading, are the main reasons why more and more dairy farmers are opting for ground oilseed rape straw.
- Highest moisture absorption rate of all litter materials
- Fewer problems with mastitis and Klebsiella
- Composts in around eight weeks
- Oilseed rape straw makes an excellent fertiliser
- Packaged in easy-to-handle 23 kg bales
- VAT 6 %